Doctors Park Eye Clinic 


John G. Watkins III, MD


Dr. Watkins is a native of Little Rock, Arkansas, and graduated from Little Rock Hall High School.  He received a B.S. from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. His medical training began at the University of Arkansas  School of Medicine where he received his Doctor of Medicine degree in 1973. He then completed a rotating internship at St. Vincent’s Infirmary. After completing a four year ophthalmology residency at UAMS, Dr. Watkins joined his father’s practice in 1979. His father, John G. Watkins, Jr. had resumed his practice in Little Rock after World War II, having been trained at Barnes Hospital in St. Louis, Missouri.


However, the original practice began with John G. Watkins, the grandfather, who graduated from the University of Arkansas Medical School and also from the London Ophthalmic Royal Academy in England in 1904.  Continuing this tradition of over a century of excellent ophthalmologic care, the clinic has been Doctors Park Eye Clinic since 1979, and is honored to be among the oldest practices to serve Little Rock.  Dr. Watkins was board certified by the American Academy of Ophthalmology in 1979 and is a fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology.  He specializes in general ophthalmology.


Dr. Watkins and his wife Vicki have been married forty one years and have three children, Beth, Jay, and Chris and six grandchildren.  He has made numerous trips to Honduras with Christ the King medical missions.  He enjoys all outdoor sportsman activities that Arkansas provides.